The original and world’s first vegan omelette mix. Made from a blend of chickpea, amaranth, and cassava. Simply mix equal part Egg-Free Omelett Mix and water and pour into a pan. Excellent for quiche, spanish tortilla, frittata, and Japanese tamagoyaki.
DENVER OMELETTE AND HASHBROWNS
The Denver Omelet, a classic American-diner breakfast-menu item, filled with green peppers, onions, and mushrooms and with a side of golden hashbrowns and toast. We make it vegan; we make it delicious.
Makes 1 serving… Have a friend? Double the recipe… Have a posse? Multiply and have a brunch party!
- Terra Vegan Egg-Free Omelette Mix
- 1/4 Medium-Sized Onion, diced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 large potato
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic powder – according to taste.
- Small amount of oil
- Toast & margarine (optional)
- Ketchup (optional … or is it? )
- Boil a pot of water.
- Once water is boiling, drop in the whole potato.
- Boil potato for 10-12 minutes. It should be a little soft, but not fully cooked (still a little raw).
- Remove potato from water and let cool down for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. * Tip: make some extra potatoes, you may want more hashbrowns sooner than you think!
- Once potato is cold, shred using a hand grater.
- Heat a pan with some oil.
- Add shredded potato to pan, sprinkling on loosely – do not pack or press.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until you can see the bottomside become golden / brown. They should stick together at this point.
- Drizzle a small amount of oil on the top of the hash browns, and flip.
- Sprinkle the top with salt, pepper and granulated garlic powder, and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Omelette (Tip: make at same time as cooking Hashbrowns)
- Add the mushroom, peppers, and onion to a nonstick pan on medium high heat. Optional: use a little oil.
- Mix the Terra Vegane Egg-Free Omelette mix as according to the package with water. Between 40-80g Omelette Mix will make a decent sized omelette.
- Pour the prepared omelette mix evenly over the veggies in the pan. Do not stir the mixture in the pan!
- Let cook for 3 or more minutes – until the bottom of the omelette is cooked and the top is no longer liquid. At this point, it should be easy to slide a spatula under the omelette, and it should all stay together – if not, let cook longer.
- Flip and cook on other side for 2-3 minutes.
Plate the Egg-Free Denver Omelett, and Hashbrowns, garnish with toast, fruit, ketchup, hot sauce, or whatever else you think they might do in Denver before devouring this delicious diner-staple.